Built in 1852 in the vernacular style, the soft native limestone facade had been extensively altered over the years. We replaced the 1960’s storefront facade, relocated the entry door on the left side of the building, and added an elliptical awning. With long, linear spaces which coordinate seating, wait service, bar, and kitchen inside, the design of the cafe reflects the look of an European-style bistro. The partial height walls give a combined feeling of openness and privacy, and the low-voltage track lighting gives the room added warmth and dimension.
Location: Madison, WI