Public – Private - Commercial – Institutional – Ecumenical- Historic – Specialty Services
Kelly B. Thompson, Owner and Principal Architect founded KONTEXT architects llc., in 2008, after spending 10+ years in practice at notable firms such as Huff Architectural Group, Inc., Architecture Network, Inc, and prior to opening his own studio, part owner and Principal Architect/Director of Design at Facility Engineering, Inc. in Madison Wis.
Taking with him his passion as a leader, complex project management skills, and expertise in contextual design Kelly grew a discrete, yet highly regarded architectural firm.
Today, KONTEXT architects, llc is a multi-disciplined studio of experienced professionals offering comprehensive services in architectural design. Some of our services include:
- Pre-Design and Programming Services (Building and Property Condition Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Site Analysis, Code/Zoning, Landmark Approvals, Tax Credit Assistance)
- Schematic Design though Construction
- Bidding Management Services
- Construction Administration Services
- Owner’s Representative and Peer Review
- Consulting Services (Including Historic Preservation, Security Design, Building Envelope Technology)
We Recognize, respect and respond to:
- The vision and need of our clients.
- The capabilities, passion and talent of the trades and craftsman.
- The built-environment and settings shared by a diverse community.
- The world on loan to us with finite resources
Our Mission: To develop sustained, trusting and considerate relationships with our clients through personal service and availability, while building mutual respect for each other.
Our Philosophy: Principally, outstanding architecture is the marriage of successful client-focused programming, context, aesthetics, effective management, proven technology and sustainability.
- We will not presume to know our clients' influences or stresses, but will help them identify their needs and vision, articulating this in our everyday activities.
- Our clients benefit from an ongoing reassurance that we are concerned about them and the implementation of their expectations.
- We believe that projects should feel welcome in the settings in which they are placed, acknowledging scale, massing and texture.
- Our clients benefit from community and regionally focused design, which fosters satisfying relationships with neighbors.
- We strive for a comprehensive understanding of building systems and their interface, providing skill to orchestrate and manage multi-disciplined teams to deliver well-coordinated projects.
- Our clients benefit from building performance at levels dictated by them.
- We encourage the use of proven technology and sustainable design practices.
- Our clients can benefit from improved working environments, predictable durability and lower operating and maintenance costs, resulting in responsible stewardship of the world’s natural resources to the benefit of future generations.
Kelly B. Thompson AIA, CSI
Eva Allen, CSI
Amy Hasselman, AIA NCARB