The Olin House is the official UW-Madison chancellor’s residence. Originally built for Mr. John and Helen Olin in 1911, it has been UW’s “White House” since 1925.
ANI recently completed the first major rehabilitation of the house in 50 years. Historic spaces were restored, non-historic areas were reconfigured to facilitate event staging, and a full commercial elevator was added - entirely within the existing building. The second and third floors were turned into a self-contained home for private family living, away from the hustle and bustle of University events taking place on first floor. All existing heating, air conditioning, electrical, data, and plumbing systems were replaced to meet modern standards.
Event setup that used to take a full day now only takes two hours!
See more photos of Olin House at Zane Williams’s Olin House Portfolio.
Location: Madison, WI
Photos by ANI and Zane Williams, Zane Williams Photography